Friday, September 17, 2010

Butterflies in the City

Yay I finally made it. When I arrived in Newark, I headed down to baggage claim, only to find out that my luggage wasn't there. They had told me that this possibly could happen but it was unlikely. I wasn't sure what to do. I had never experienced this before. So I went to the claims desk to file for it. Once I handled that I made my journey into the city. It was some what scary taking the trains so late at night, but I was kind of familiar from being in the city just over a month ago.
 Although nervous, I was still excited. I had finally made it and even though it was later than when I thought I would be arriving it was still before Trae :) Well Brad met me when I arrived to the hotel, we went to grab me a few necessary items since I didn't have luggage. And then it was time for bed. I was so exhausted from traveling but I couldn't seem to fall asleep. All I could think about was Trae and how after 20 days I was finally going to be able to see his face smile at me, smell his cologne, feel his arms wrap around me as he kissed me.












I missed all these things so much. I missed him. I woke the next morning early, Brad and I grabbed some coffee and headed to SoHo so that I could find something to wear for when Trae arrived. All morning I was so nervous, and excited like a little kid on Christmas morning. I bonded with Brad that morning, showing him some of the city, having breakfast and eagerly waiting for Trae's arrival. It was really nice that he helped me surprise Trae. As we waited in the lobby I was constantly looking at every door that opened hoping that it would be the man I so desperately couldn't wait to see, until there he was...he turned the corner and I felt a rush flow over me. I had missed him so much, and there he finally was in front of me.
The surprise was great, my heart was racing and I could feel the love melt me away as he kissed me. This was what I had been missing on my days spent traveling. We took Trae up to the room to get settled. Once he unpacked and settled in we headed down to see if my luggage had arrived to hotel yet and NO it didn't.
SO we then left for lunch at Justin Timberlake's restaurant Southern Hospitality in the upper eastside... it was pretty good. After lunch we headed out to Times Square where we went up to a bar that over looked the square and had a few cocktails.
It was nice to see the city from there since it was raining. Later that afternoon we went to visit with some of their family that lived in the city. Their place was so awesome. We spent the evening with them and had a wonderful Italian dinner, after dinner we headed back to our hotel to get some shut eye. When I got there I checked to see if my luggage had arrived and YES!! it did!!
I was so relieved and ready for bed after a long amazing day!! I remember laying down next to Trae and feeling him wrap his warm arms around me, I was the happiest girl in the world, I just drifted away in peaceful dreams.
The next day I got up to do a quick photo shoot and met the guys for lunch and shopping down in SoHo it was such a fun day. The shopping in New York is like NO other. All of the little vendors with such unique stuff and crowds of people. I really enjoyed spending that day with them. That evening Brad wanted to take me to Harlem for a little soul food dining experience. We had dinner at Sylvia's.

The menu was full of savory mouthwatering dishes, it was hard to choose. I ended up having the bbq salmon with mac & cheese and mashed potatoes. The best thing though about soul food restaurants is the sharing! We all ordered different things so we could taste as much as possible!! After dinner I was so full, but we walked around Harlem and went by the famous Apollo Theatre, then headed back to the hotel. I wasnt quite ready to call it a night, so Trae and I walked down to the Hardrock on Times Square for a couple drinks, it was so amazing to spend time with him in the city.
The next morning we went shopping some more and just walked the city. Later that evening we headed back over to visit with their family and have dinner. It was so delicious and also very enjoyable learning some of the families history. It was the perfect way to end the weekend.
I have to say that I have been to NYC a couple times but this one was the best. I really truly got to bond with Brad and to see Trae after 20 days was a wonderful rendezvous in the city before coming home. I couldn't have had a better time. But I was ready to come home, living out of a suitcase for almost a month was getting old.

xoxo .:TMarie:.

1 comment: