Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Girls of Playboy Golf

The next morning was definitely an early one and one that we were not really ready for. Playboy Golf brings together people from around the world, to play golf, mingle with attractive females, and party. The network of girls stretch from all over the USA, into Canada and Australia. We are all brought together once a year for the final golf tournament of the season. Some of which you make bonds with for life, and others well you just simply wonder why they are there in the first place.
 I made two incredible bonds for life with Michelle and Rachel. We had met at our original tournament a few years back and this was our 2nd trip to the finals. I only really cared to be around the two of them. Most everyone else, I didn't care to make the initiative to get to know. As we unloaded by the hundreds to the course, we walked around to find out what holes we would be playing on for the day, picked up our bag of essentials and ate breakfast. We then loaded up our golf carts and set out for two courses. 
Erica, Michelle, Myself, Rachel
The day was full of taking pictures, dancing,  having drinks with the golfers and just letting the wind blow through our hair with the scent of fresh cut green grass in the air. My girls are quite the entertaining ones so we didn't really experience boredom. It was fun a great day in the sun in the presence of two of my favorite people, and a new one. As things progressed during the day, we made plans to all go out that evening to the Supper Club. It was a night club in LA. The 4 of us headed back to the hotel  exhausted from the day and ready to nap before the evening. When I previously mentioned I didn't have a good feeling about trusting people in LA ...well my intuition was correct, the girl we kindly added into our circle, managed to steal things right from under us. While Rachel was in the shower and I was sleeping still, after she had gotten ready to go out, she packed up her suit case and decided she was too tired or sick to go out that night with us. We thought this was strange but didn't argue and let her go.
 We went out that night and had fun, I ran into a friend of mine from Nashville, randomly but it was great to see a familiar face in a town that's not common in. The next morning being as naive as we were, we come to find out that we were missing things, like jewelry, makeup, etc. This then became a matter of strangers in our room, who do you trust, etc. I had more things taken from me than anyone else in the room. I was so furious that I went straight to the directors of the event and they told me "We can't do anything about it" I couldn't believe that they could stick us in rooms with girls we didn't know and then have the audacity to say they can't do anything about our things being stolen.

 This was my last straw. It was my last day here and last night with Playboy Golf. I spent most of my morning talking to hotel security, and trying to figure out where my things went and with who they were with. With everything panning out the way they did, I just decided to let it go and enjoy the last night there. This was the lingerie party night and it was almost over. 
This night was the night that everyone looked forward to. The girls did their best to show everything they could and appear to still be wearing clothes. This was also the night that the Playboy International Girl of Golf was announced. You see, the last few days were a campaign to help Rachel win this title. All the dinners, the golf course, the golf balls we handed out with her photo on them, everything was to help get the golfers to vote on her to win. I was asked multiple times throughout our stay why I didn't try to run for this, and my answer was simply she was a better fit for the roll, and honestly I wasn't interested.
 I didn't really  have the patience for all the politics that were involved in the competition. Rachel did her best the whole time we were there to speak to everyone and she deserved it. As the night went on, we celebrated Hef's 85th birthday. It was awesome to see him in person, I never thought that would have ever happened in my life. As I roamed the grounds of the Playboy Mansion for the last time, I soaked in everything that I had learned from the whole experience. We made our way to the side of the stage and patiently awaited the results of the Girl of Golf competition. When they announced Rachel's name I was so EXCITED for her I was shaking, I knew that she wanted this so bad, and it was then I realized this would be the last time I would be here. Seeing her in the spotlight, listening to her speech, was enough for me. I had honestly experienced everything that I needed to through this adventure.
 I made 2 wonderful friends with whom I hold dearest to me, and I learned a lot about who I was as a person, who I wanted to be and the life through playboy or anything of the same was not where I wanted to be. It was time to celebrate and also to slowly phase out this part of my life. I never once regretted participating in  Playboy Golf I am merely just thankful I was never the person to be consumed by it. It helped me develop some personal emotional strengths, and I came out a stronger person on the other side. Thanks Playboy Golf...Its been nice knowing ya... PEACE!
.:XOXO:. TMARIE

1 comment:

  1. Love!!! I'm so alcohol bloated in most of these pix. Haha :-) Good times!!!

    ReplyDelete