Thursday, November 3, 2011

~Under the Pisces Sign~


Half way through the month of February the zodiac signs change and the last of the 12 sun signs rule. As for all my fellow birthday party friends, I was the only Pisces. Not only was it the end of the Zodiac year, but also the end of the last 8 years for the ruling of Uranus. Now I don't exactly believe in all the Horoscope nonsense; but when I sometimes read about them and how my traits, and personality match up, you cant help but wonder how is this on point with how I am feeling?? See below.

Pisces: Uranus has a strong psychic effect on you from now through 2011. Your natural inclination to fantasize will lead you into deeper realms, from astral travel to shamanic journeys. Pisces writers, artists, and inventors among others benefit from bursts of creativity and development of the mind’s eye. Your ability to envision and intuit strengthens your innate gifts. As your inner world grows, changes in personality and outward appearance will also become evident. Your style and appearance attract attention, and over time it’s likely you will have entirely reinvented yourself.
Isn't that just incredible. Reinventing myself within the past few years. Well, yes... this was true. I was growing internally. As Valentines Day approached, the worst feeling was to be alone. At least that's what everyone portrays. I was feeling a little sad that I didn't have a Valentine exactly; but I still wasn't at a point with anyone in particular to share this holiday with. As the bouquets passed by my desk to go sit eloquently on the desk of the girls around me, it filled the office with an aroma quite lovely from the scents of rose, lilies, and daisies. Flowers are always so beautiful and uplifting, even though I didn't receive any for my desk that day I came home to a lovely surprise from my bestie, Alys. It was a bouquet of the most gorgeous flowers to help brighten my spirits. I was so happy to open them. It was something her and I did because of our long distance friendship. They were always little unexpected surprises, that put smiles on our faces in times of sadness. And I thank her for that.
The best gift I would've received on a day like that was from the US government. It was in a direct result to accomplishing for the first time ever my New Years Resolution -To get my Passport. I made this my resolution because I wanted to be open to the possibilities of the world to travel, learn new cultures, explore unknown lands. Yes you can say that I was inspired by Eat, Pray, Love but who wouldn't be? As I was growing and reinventing myself this was one less thing to hold me back from the possibilities of future travel.


Lotus Flower- Symbolizes something
beautiful & pure growing
from something dark & murky

Early in October my sister and I found a meaning to us that symbolized our strength together and it was the Lotus. We were supposed  to get matching tattoos but I will admit I am still a little nervous about getting my first tattoo. But To celebrate Valentines day and our growth to the light from the darkness we shared a sisterly love for Asian culture over a sushi date. It was quite and quaint but just what we needed to end the day was each other and some miso soup and a maki roll :)

Two days later my sister and I were so excited to see the 3Doors Down private show at 12 & Porter. They were filming an acoustic show for one their major sponsors. This was going to be my first performance to see them live. Which was really cool because it was such an intimate show. As they were setting up equipment, we gathered outside the tour buses hanging with my close and new friends, anxiously waiting to go inside from the cold weather.
The guys were always a blast and entertaining to be around. Our new thing that Judah started was this camera for Retro pictures on our phones. Troy and & Jen put our reserved seating notes out in front to hold our spots for the show. She was always the sweetest. I remember not long before hanging out at her and Brad's house with the guys and how down to earth they both were. Brad is such a southern Mississippi boy. We had devoured some Famous Dave's BBQ (Brad's local fave) and Jen made me feel so welcomed we bonded as the only 2 girls in the house, so I was excited to see her again. The show turned out amazing! They played a sneak acoustic preview of songs from the new upcoming album. This made my anticipation for the release even higher. They also played some of their biggest hits that night, I couldn't believe that this was the first time seeing them ... it was crazy but a great group of people. It was truly an awesome experience and added a another check on my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment