Thursday, November 17, 2011

.:Spring Fever:.


Well now that things slowed down for a week or two, I was able to plan my next moves. Between my travels and the "Dr.'s" travels it was hard to get time together but we made it work as much as we could. He was sparking an interest in my eye, and keeping my attention. Dinner dates, and late nights cuddled on the couch watching TV, reading our books and listening to his inner DJ were awesome building blocks to a new relationship. This was something I wasn't quite sure that I wanted just yet; but I didn't let the uncertainty keep me from the possibilities of having an interest in someone new. From my past, the things I had endured in previous months, I had came to the realization that it was time to move on with my life. Ironically, just as how it should be Trae text me. He said that I had received some mail at his house.
He knew it was my check from Sofft so he wanted to meet to deliver it to me. I decided that it was OK. We hadn't seen each other since November, so its no surprise I was a little weary and nervous. Our meeting place was on mutual grounds at Melrose pub for lunch on a blissful warm spring Sunday. I had driven by the place several times since it was close to home, but never stopped in. When I walked in, there he was, sitting at the table facing the door waiting for me to come in. He had on his leather motorcycle jacket and his helmet resting on the table next to him. Even with his bad boy style, his sweet smile still made my heart melt. Then I had to speak.
It was a simple "hello, how have you been?" you know the classic awkward sentence that everyone can relate to and I was no different. It was a nice short lunch, catching up and just talking about plans in the near future. Oddly enough when I left I had to remember the things that tore us apart. The things that I hadn't forgiven him for just yet and it reminded me of how far I had come the last few months, and why it was best to accept things the way they were and keep moving forward not looking back. That same night, my soon to be roommate Chris Nathan had a show at Bluebar.  It was the first time my parents were to meet him and my sister to see him play.
Things ended up not working out with Erin as a new roommate so I posted in a last minute need for someone to move in on Facebook and Chris was the first to respond. I actually didn't mind the fact that we were going to have a guy roomie. I actually felt a little safer with that. My parents seemed to give the approval after that night. And things were finalized for the move at the end of  March. I remember the week before I left for Vegas and LA, I saw the "Dr." a few times....was he really beginning to be on my mind frequently? Was I honestly ready for this? Or maybe I was getting Spring Fever?? Well, as I was packing for my vacation I was consumed with all the questions filling my mind of him....not to mention the decisions on what to pack for my trip.
It was tricky trying to get everything in one bag I was definitely was going to need a miracle. Although I found my solution for over packing, I wasn't able to come up with the answers my conscious was seeking about my new interest the "Dr." The next thing I knew it was time to board the jet plane headed west for the week. I was so ready and so excited to see Rachel and Michelle and everyone from the Playboy Golf family in a few days. As I flew off into the sunset, I remember dosing off and thinking to myself that I was going to miss him this week. I touched down in the "City of Sin" so exhausted from the 4hour flight.
The only thing that was on my mind was food and sleep. I had a busy next day. I decided to have dinner with my friend who was in town as well. We ate at this yummy place in Caesar's Palace called MESA Grill, brought to you by famous chef Bobby Flay. Dinner was absolutely exquisite. I remember I had the New Mexican Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin, one of the original classic entrees. The dish was prepared with Bourbon- Ancho Chile sauce, a sweet potato tamale and crushed pecan butter, that just melted in your mouth. The blend of flavors and spices were just amazing. After a full belly it was time for sleep. We had and early day. I wanted to go to see Hover Dam. Of all the times I have been to Vegas I never really enjoyed the tourist sight seeing and tomorrow promised a beautiful day for the ride out to Hoover.
The next morning I woke up nice and early refreshed from the long flight the night before. I got in touch with some local friends to see what the plans were for the evening and I got ready for the day and  headed off to meet my friend for brunch. It was good to reconnect with friends and catch up. I was enjoying my stay so far. Brunch was fun, and hilarious with all the food I could put down. But dessert was the best part! They had all of these little mini desserts, and it was so hard to stop with just one! After brunch we headed to get the car for the ride out to Hoover. It was such amazing weather for the day and I was excited!!
.:XOXO TMARIE:.

2 comments: