Thursday, April 14, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Over the past few months my life had been so crazy from traveling and work, that I hadn't taken the time to just be home...I missed the two boys who had my heart (Trae and Bentley)...I can honestly say I was home sick and it felt good to be home. I previously had rescued a new addition to our family when I got home from LA.
Her name is Lilah...she was a precious 8 month old brindle boxer. When I saw her cute little face I knew she was the one. Trae and I had been talking about getting another boxer but I knew that I wanted to adopt, it was just a matter of time for finding the right one. So I had brought her home and she fit in just right with our family. She was attached to my side...the most precious little girl I could of asked for.
Trae and I worked our usual days, I even took Lilah to visit my office with me a few days. We would come home to spend time together, and our choice of TV was the NBA finals, and I would make dinner... I had missed how normal we were as a family. I loved his kisses and just being surrounded by familiar faces. He was the rock that kept me grounded in the crazy world that we live in. I felt safe in his arms at night. I could tell the traveling made me miss and appreciate HOME so much more.
The puppies were growing accustomed to each other and really having a good time playing...Trae and I had started this workout routine to prepare for a trip I had planned for his birthday at the end of May...it meant extremely early mornings to the gym and cardio around our neighborhood, and a strict diet, with consisted mainly of water, protein shakes, and supplements, with some chicken sprinkled in here and there...LOL, it was NO joke...when I got home one day my two kiddos were behaving so well, as I prepared my chicken breast and broccoli for dinner...they were just sitting there waiting for me to take them outside to play...I loved their faces and the way they looked at me. We were a family, a cute, perfect, little family...I couldn't ask for much more than that.  We spent that evening all cuddled up in the same bed watching TV...It was one of my favorite things that we did before bed time...I was happy, genuinely happy, I had everything I had dreamed of right in front of me. It was a peaceful nights sleep that night. The next day I found out that I was going to be leaving again in a week or so for a another tournament...this time it was in Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment