Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A night in DC

So overly exhausted we were, that we ended up not going to see the fireworks over the Tidal Basin...instead we napped and then got ready to grab some food close to the hotel in Arlington. We enjoyed dinner at this Irish pub, called Ireland's Four Courts, it was so cute and they even had live music. The food was good, we had some yummy sweet tea vodka drinks to go with our meal and Mom enjoyed her much deserved glass of wine. As we finished up with dinner, Mom was tired and I was ready to go out in Georgetown. So we caught a cab back to the hotel...and OHH what a ride that was...I swear it was like a rollercoaster...probably the craziest cab ride I have ever been on in my life.
This cab driver no joke was probably going about 75 mph down Clarendon Blvd. We made it safely back to the hotel in one piece and dropped off Mom. Then we headed over to meet Joey and some friends for an interesting night out. We started at this place down on the river at Washington Harbour called Nick's Riverside Grille. They had a bar outside that over looked the docks to the Potomac River. It was a cool scene but was kinda chilly, because it was that close to the water . So we finished our drinks and headed over to K street. Our first stop was Lotus Lounge. This is when the night really got started...the DJ was spinning good beats and the shots started flowing...we were dancing and having a great time in great company!
Joey definitely was showing us a different side to DC...the local nightlife scene.Our next stop for our extravaganza that night was a place called kstreet lounge. As we walked up we moved past the line VIP style and made our way to meet up with friends at a table. The interior style was a little more retro contemporary...but very posh... It was my favorite stop of the night. I met some cool people there as we all danced and chilled around our table sipping drinks out the bottle. It was definitely a great night...we were enjoying our youth. When we left here we made another stop at Lima...forgive me for not remembering that place other than the hundreds of small disco balls hanging from the ceiling catching the rays of colored strobe lights around us, but it was pretty awesome.
In conversation somewhere along the night we found out that "The Stairs" from the movie The Exorcist were just across the river from where our hotel was...so we somehow got the bright idea to go see them at like 3am and when we pulled up swear I got creepy chills, but it was pretty awesome to see them in person I know we spent a good hour or so playing around on these steps taking ridiculous drunk photos laughing so hard that I had to pee....
I watched Joey do a dangerous stunt as he decided to walk along the fence that was extremely high and it overlooked the bottom of the stairs. All in all, we had a great night. It was fun to see the city by locals instead of as a tourist...that is something that I am very fortunate to have. I have friends all over the US and not only that but, Great friends that I trust to take me out  and have a good time. Joey, is definitely one of those friends...I plan to come back and visit soon to finish up somethings that I missed this time around.
The next day we took our mom to see the stairs and caught a little bit of The Smithsonian, you know the one with "dinosaur bones and shyt" before we had to leave for our flight home..The Smithsonian, was sooooo cool...the things they had in there were pretty amazing. I definitely didn't get as much time to walk through it as I wanted...but it was still pretty awesome, but what I did get to see...The mummies were soooooo cool, I felt like a kid running through a museum. This trip was a much needed mother/ daughter bonding time...we had some great laughs and swollen feet, LOL but it was awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment