Saturday, August 28, 2010

"The Climb"

Some might think it is silly for someone my age to like Miley Cyrus, but when this song came out the meaning meant everything to me and where I was in my life last year. I was in the middle of trying to find my way, and what I wanted in life. Some people may turn to TV, friends, family, and books for guidance, and yes I do those too; but nothing comes close to listening to music. I spent a lot of time on the road with my new job. And this song always seemed to give me inspiration as I drove to my next destination with words like .....

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going
And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on
'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah

It was all to familiar as I set out on my last road trip for my job. I and 3 other girls, Erika, Tiegra, and Andrea, all managed to fit everything in the trunk of one car and we left this city of Nashville headed to Pittsburgh to help train a new office. We were all pretty close friends, so the road trip was great bonding time for us to learn about each other. One of the funniest things I remember was in KY as we drove through the “Bluegrass state” we saw an exit for Jellystone Park…Along our journey as we approached Cincinnati, We stopped off to take some pictures to document our adventures.
After a 8/9 hour drive arrived in Pittsburgh the "City of Bridges" some how we managed to get lost using our GPS...haha yes! this is the 2nd time this has happened to me. It was late and dark, and needless to say a little creepy, the old houses and skinny curvy streets that climbed mountains and dipped through the valleys, but we finally made it safely to our hotel, which we thought was a bit sketchy. It had an Indian restaurant attached to it. LOL ughhhh NO matter what we did we seemed to smell like curry when we left there. LOL it was a little joke that week we stayed in Pitts...The best way to see the city in a few days was through work, it was nice to have people show us around. It is definitely unique. I love the old style and history that thrived through the streets.
 On the last night we took The Duquesne Incline up to look out over the beautiful secluded city, tucked between the mountains, and lit up by the lights of buildings that sketched out the skyline. It was a long week, but we were ready to set out for our next adventure and we weren't wasting anytime to hit the road. We traveled through the night to NYC...on the way we crashed at my sisters place just outside of Harrisburg, PA. We were definitely site seeing the rest of the way. Some of us had never seen a covered bridge, so that was a MUST see before we left PA. We found one not far from my sisters place but it was dusk and getting late so we had to make a quick stop. I have always been fascinated with covered bridges its like something that takes you back in time when things were simple, before technology. You can just feel the history there when you stand in its presence. Sometimes when I get the chance to get out and walk on them I try to imagine how it must have been to live during that time in history when these structures were built. To be able to hear the clicking of horse hooves trot across the wooden planks, to take my mind back to the "simple life" really helps me think of how much I value my life. Once we made it to my sisters place we rested up and set out the next morning to the concrete jungle.
.:xoxo TMarie:.

1 comment:

  1. Another Wonderful "Story" from your life that took me to Pa with you...You really have a talent for this...I'm tellin you tiff..you should turn your blogs into a memior I'd buy 2 copies...cuz I know I'd read one so many times I'd break the spine...

    ReplyDelete