Thursday, March 10, 2011

Home for the Holidays

The Holiday season is best spent with the ones you love and hold so dear...well this season was the best one I had ever had...As I made my return to Nashville from my weekend in Tunica, I came home to a lovely surprise...Trae had set up a date night with some of his friends at 3rd and Lindsley, a live local venue to see artists. Well we became fans to a great rock band called THE COLD STARES....it became our date night tradition together to go see them when they played in town.
As the season changed and the weather colder...I felt like we were growing closer to each other and building our home and life together. Trae's best friend had moved backed to Brazil for awhile, but came to visit us for the holidays...He was pretty excited that he was coming to stay with us. We had a full house this year and I felt blessed to be surrounded by everyone. I grew to learn CL that winter, we shared stories, laughs, and developed a friendship. I really wanted to decorate the house the holidays this year, it took some persuading, and lots of home cooked hot meals to get Trae to agree to it but he did. I was so excited to put up a Christmas tree, and I even talked him into putting Christmas light on the house. So we took a trip to Home Depot for some shopping.
This year was going to be our first Thanksgiving at our home. I was so excited to have my family over, as well as friends that were from out of town. The day started early in the morning as I made breakfast and started preparing our first turkey, just I watched my mom do as a child. The aromas of food cooking in the kitchen, the sounds of family and laughter filled our house with joy that day. I couldn't have been any happier with this day. I was very thankful to have shared those moments with such precious people that meant the world to me.
The month of December consisted of many nights in front of the fireplace with either a good glass of wine or a warm mug of eggnog, and a game of monopoly with good friends, we would all sit around the coffee table and enjoy each others company. That Christmas morning was the first I spent away from my parents. Trae and I spent that morning together in our home. I got up to make a yummy southern breakfast and we opened gifts under our tree. One of our Christmas presents was tickets to the Chargers vs Titans game that night. It was so much fun and a very blessed Holiday season. As my year was coming to a close I was as happy as I could be. I had the love of my life and a home that we were slowly building.

No comments:

Post a Comment