Friday, October 7, 2011

*Time for Thanks*

It was Halloween one of my favorite Holidays. Because of my sadness, I chose to keep it low key with my closest friends. We all dressed up and everyone came over to hang out for a little bit before going south to Cool Springs for a little bar hopping. My costume was only appropriate for that time in my life. Lady Luck I was! So Lady Luck was what I dressed up to be.
It was a lot of fun that night but also a constant reminder of my new single life. Seeing my friends coupled up as I was standing alone was a little hard to take, but I was happy for all of them. I had my sister she was becoming my other half.
We definitely began to reconnect even closer as the days went on. The month of November came and went so fast like a shot of tequila on a cold night. I rebuilt my relationships with my girls, I was very thankful to have them in my life to help me in my moments of weakness. There were countless nights of sushi and wine, and simple girl talk dinners.
My regular stomping grounds were usually in the Gulch.
That month on a cold night, we celebrated the birthday of a great friend to me Ben. Jake & Ben were always so great to have around. They kept my spirits high, and I'm not only talking about my soul, but also the drug that helped me through this time.
They had been there from day 1 of Trae and I and saw the whole relationship through the end. His birthday was a night I was looking forward to. It was my turn to give him a cake, as he did for me for my 23rd Bday at LOT7. The joke between Jake and I was a transformers cake. So that's what I got. Dinner was at Urban Flats and then we chased shots around the Gulch and down to MAI. For some reason we decided it would be a good idea to walk all the way back to Urban Flats in 30 degree weather to make some food. If anyone knows me, I practically run when I walk. Well my sister wasn't quite as coordinated as I by the end of the night. As we walked by Sweet CeCe's, I was already across the street. I heard in the near distance "MAN DOWN"  and as Ben & I turn to see what Jake is laughing so hard about, was Brit popping right back up like nothing happened and taking her shoes off for the rest of the walk.
We were hysterically laughing, to the point of tears. This became the biggest inside joke between us all. If you ever go out with Jake - "Make sure your wear a helmet" Lmao Britt earned her nickname that night "Helmet". It was so much fun. I was truly happy that night. I was beginning to see the things I really needed in my life and the people I wanted to surround myself with. Friends that could help me forget my pain. I was so very thankful for my sister and my family who supported my decisions no matter how crazy they were, or how emotionally unhealthy they could've been. They wanted me to be happy. The next thing I knew, it was Thanksgiving and I was packing for my trip.
.:XOXO TMARIE:.

1 comment: