Wednesday, October 19, 2011

.:All Snow and Games:.


February the month of "Love" is always super busy for me, and this year there would be no reason for anything different about that. With Pred's games, concerts, and birthdays, I didn't stand a chance with free time to myself! The first Friday night of the month was my best friend Jake's birthday, just so you can fully understand the way the birthdays roll out for the month it starts with Jake- Feb 4, Brit- Feb 8, Chris Feb-10, Todd- Feb 13, Trever & Kashonda- Feb 16, & Mine the 24th.  We ended up not doing anything that night, because for the past 2 years we have had the celebration for lives with a big birthday bash! But this year would be different because of new friends that have came into my life.  
My first Saturday night of the month was spent 2 rows back from the ice, watching the Preds vs Redwings game!! I went with my friend Craig, he picked me up and we headed to the sold out arena. I was so excited to see the game, I was becoming an avid hockey fan this season. The games were always fun :) and I enjoyed everytime I was able to go. I couldn't believe when we stepped inside the arena how many people were there. It was like a concert. I remember having one of the best nights out with Craig that night. He was a huge hockey fan so we lived it up and cheered on our Preds!!
The first Sunday of the month is always celebrated watching football, its become "America's Holiday." Its when all of America sits down in front of big screen surrounded by friends, football and beer! <-- can't forget the beer or the chili! This year instead of a party, I made plans with the Dr. to get our friends together at Sam's in the Village for some Super Bowl action. The 12 of us all sat around surrounding a table full of beer bottles, pizzas and nachos. The TVs all around the bar were tuned in and so were we, laughing, joking, making new friends. It was such an awesome night. The Dr. and I got along great he was starting to grow on me, there was definitely something about him that I liked. It was strange to think back in December, I had actually went to his Christmas party, was introduced...and we didn't start hanging out until the end of Jan, for some reason people reoccur in our lives and we don't know why. But there was reason why we met and I didn't know why just yet. But, I have to say this was a Superbowl to remember.
It was back to the work week, but no one expected what was about to happen. The weather had been pretty crazy this winter so far. We definitely saw a lot of snowy days, but none of them were like this day. I remember just sitting at my desk watching the flurries lightly fall from the sky. It wasn't something I was too concerned about until an hour later when I noticed the parking lot was fully covered with a white blanket about an inch thick. The temperature dropped so quickly that day which made the roads across Nashville so dangerous. I packed up and headed out which seemed to be the same time that everyone else did in Metro Center. It took me 30 mins just to get out of my parking lot. The roads were so bad that I almost couldn't get my car up the hill, especially with traffic as slow as it was.
I remember my wheels sliding and coming inches from hitting the car next to me. But with the way my Daddy taught me how to drive in snow and years of practice in the mustang, we made it safely to Troy's at Werthan, it may have taken me 2 hours to go 2miles but I made it without a scratch! Now my sister on the other hand. Poor thing took her 5+ hours to get home from Cool Springs. Brentwood traffic was a nightmare on any other given day, but throw snow and ice into the mix and it = DISASTER! I didn't even chance driving that far. But she had no other choice. Five hours later she was still sitting there, so Troy and I were gonna go rescue her, until we got notice the her Boo was coming to the rescue. So with the city in gridlock and nothing to do, Troy and I went to the grocery store for dinner and dessert <-- Brownies yum! I of course didn't have any other clothes so I threw on some over sized sweatpants, a hoodie and Todd's jacket and we set out. Destination - Food! Needless to say we survived that night and most of the snow was gone the next day. Which was a blessing because our big birthday celebration was in 2 days and all that planning couldn't go to waste!
.:XOXO TMARIE:.

No comments:

Post a Comment