Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New Year * New Life

Where do I begin? that was just the thing...I woke up to a new day, a new beginning, a new opportunity for a new life. But the first thing to do was get some breakfast and get my car from the night before. LOL...The month of January seemed to fly by so fast. I spent my first weekend of the year in LA visiting friends. I went to see Julie (Trae's brother's girlfriend). I stayed with her while I was out there. It was quite the girls weekend.
We played around Sunset Blvd and Hollywood most of the first day. I got to meet Jennifer in LA while she was in town looking at new places to live and for her interview. That evening we picked up London and chilled at home, because I was so tired from traveling. The next day we took London to dance class and I got to see her practice, she was so cute. Afterwards we went out to Manhattan beach for Lunch and I visited with friends that evening before my early flight the next morning. It was a short little trip but I was glad to get away.
I met some great people that month. I was getting to know Todd a little better, because he was in town most of the month while 3DoorsDown finished up their new album that was going to be released in April. My "tripod" was always out and about, we were going to Pred's games every week, hitting the local bars, checking out new artists. It was definitely a busy month for me. One of the first Pred's game of the month we all went out afterwards; Andrew took me to Broadway Brewhouse for my first bushwhacker. These were absolutely delicious! If wasn't like 30 degrees outside I would've had more than one. I like to call them adult frosties.

Click his name for inquiries

I also attended one of my first Alan Scott trunk shows that month. It was in Franklin at Battle Ground Brewery. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. But the girls and I met Andrew and Paige there. I knew that this designer created leather goods for celebrities, but I didn't know if I was going to like it and I most definitely did.  I bought a cuff- made with 12-gage shotgun shells and I was in love with the first clutch he designed for his assistant. The skull was made from stingray leather. She sold this to me that night because I was so infatuated with it.

The following week, I went out with my sister to dinner and met up with Andrew later. He introduced to Chris Nathan. We went to see his show at 12&Porter. I loved his music, it was awesome. Something I hadn't heard around Nashville yet. Andrew and I invited J and Chris out the next night to a private place we had been steadily attending on Saturday nights now. Chris ended up not going because it wasn't his thing. So J, Brit, Andrew, Brandon, and I all went for a chill night of drinks. The place was a little slow that night, but I remember having a good time anyways. I remember sitting there looking at the people along the bar and someone striking my interest. I told Andrew what I was thinking because he knew who he was, to let it be known to him I was interested but, unavailable at the moment. It was pretty funny the reaction that I saw. So I said "Hello..Im sure I will be seeing you around soon" and went on my way. We left to go to Rebar for some bushwhackers and the chill night turned into of course a long night once again.
The taco truck was conveniently parked outside the bar, just waiting for us to walk up and order ridiculous amounts of unhealthy food.... but that good when your drunk kinda food, you know the kind you regret the next morning. I believe that same week I met a dear friend to me Amy, through Andrew. She was the sweetest person. I remember her just being so kind and gentle to feelings. Little did I know how our friendship would blossom from that night out. The 2nd to last weekend was approaching. I knew I would be out on the town both Friday and Saturday night for Heather's birthday. That Friday was spent as the usual, dinner at Urban Flats, drinks at Whiskey, drinks at Citizen, then on to midtown for Rebar late night action with Brit, Andrew, Troy and Brandon. This was beginning to become quite the regular. The next morning after crashing out at Werthan because once again we couldn't drive home. We grabbed breakfast at this pancake place close to home called The Pfunky Griddle. It was so cute and I heard so much about it. It was so cool, how you made your own food on the grill at the table. So Troy, Brit and I checked it out. And it was pretty delish! I def recommend it.
Well, not long after recuperating that day it was that time again to get dressed to go out only this time it was for the Epic birthday celebration for Heather. The events started with 20 people at dinner at Goten<--- NEVER EAT HERE!! the worst service ever! It wasn't long until our belly's were full that we were headed to the Honky Tonks on Broadway. We started out at Tootsies, and come to find out my parents and family were out partying themselves next door. So they came with us for part of the night.
The night was full of joy, excitement, alcohol, and of course laughs, whether it was about people watching in the bar or just laughing at the though of us singing at the top of our lungs "dixieland delight," but it was so much fun! This was the first night my parents were introduced to Andrew. They knew we had been going out a lot together lately but it wasn't anything along the lines of dating, although that night him and I were reading into the fact that they secretly wished it was LOL.
That night I had on my right hand a ring that resembled an engagement ring. So being typical Andrew and I.....we decided to play a joke on my parents. In the middle of the upstairs bar at Tootsies, he got down on one knee and proposed. LMAO it was the funniest thing to see my Mom jump up with confusion and excitement all at once. Not to mention the whole Bar giving Andrew high-fives. So we played it off for a little bit for free drinks, but my Mom quickly came to the realization that it was just a joke. LOL. When we left Tootsies my parents parted ways, and we headed to Element a brief club that was open on 2nd, for a little dance action. The night was almost over but not for my tripod+Brit.
We headed to Carl's for my late night/ early morning "Tiffany's" breakfast. I put my intoxicated skills to work. LOL. We ended up with sausage, eggs, pancakes, and a box of Cheezits to snack on. I must say everyone was quite pleased and approved! It was definitely a night to remember.
The last weekend of January was spent at the usual places...i.e. Citizen, Mai etc...I took a new friend out with me that night her name was Joey. while we were out I remember I ran into the guy that captured my attention from across the bar the last time I was there. He questioned me as to why I wouldn't give him my number, I simply said "I'm not looking to date anyone" he responded "well maybe you will think differently after letting me take you to dinner." So I agreed, and gave it to him. We went to dinner at the Acorn a few nights later. I was kinda nervous, but he was so sweet. He opened the doors for me, helped with my coat...etc..it was so gentlemen like and I was thoroughly impressed. Conversation was delightful and respectable. I definitely knew I wanted to see him again. So with Super Bowl Sunday coming up "the Dr." and I made plans to get together with friends. The month of January was a month to remember, but my year was only getting started, and I had 11 more months to go.
.:XOXO TMARIE:.

No comments:

Post a Comment